Schedule for October 29
Best Western Plus, Rockville, MD
9:00 a.m.-10:40 a.m.
Screening of “A Prairie Home Companion” (2006)
Screenplay by and starring Garrison Keillor
• “How to Start, How to Stop” (Non-Fiction)
• “He Said, She Said” (Fiction)
• “Here at The New Yorker” (Non-Fiction)
10:50 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Jackson R. Bryer, President, F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Conference, Inc.
12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
Optional Box Lunch from Dawson’s Market is available for purchase; see Registration page for details.
Politics & Prose Bookstore will be selling books in the lobby
2:00 pm – 6:30 pm
1:30 p.m.-2:45 p.m.
3:00 p.m.-4:40 p.m.
• “Writing a Memoir Without Witness Protection” (Non-Fiction)
E. Ethelbert Miller
• “‘I’m Fine, and You?’: Deepening the Dialogue in Your Fiction”
Michael Dirda, Moderator; Alexandra Petri; Tom Toles; Mary Kay Zuravleff
5:15 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Awards Ceremony/Book Signing
• Recognition of Fitzgerald Scholars
• Presentation of 20th Annual F. Scott Fitzgerald Short Story Contest Winner
Nathanael A. Brown
• Introduction of the recipient of the 20th Annual F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Award
for Outstanding Achievement in American Literature
• Acceptance and Reading
• Book Signing